More -1101 Problems

Hi - Still getting -1101 cant find file/directory when backing up to NAS when the source is very clearly available - see attached

+ Normal backup using Larraine Backup at 4/22/2009 6:46 AM

To Media Set Media User Data...

4/22/2009 6:46:18 AM: Copying larraine

While scanning volume larraine,

Volume root Larraine/,

Scanning incomplete, error -1101 ( file/directory not found) Scanning incomplete, error -1101 (%s)]

4/22/2009 6:46:18 AM: No files need to be copied

4/22/2009 6:46:19 AM: Snapshot stored, 69 KB

4/22/2009 6:46:20 AM: Comparing larraine

4/22/2009 6:46:20 AM: 1 execution errors

Edited by Guest

backing up to NAS

This would mean the DESTINATION is a NAS device but the error is pointing to the source.

Are you saying that the Source AND the destination are NAS volumes?

What types of volumes are these? Macintosh, Windows, Windows based NAS, Linux NAS? What type of NAS? Have you connected using AFP or SMB?

If the problem happens with the NAS as a destination, what happens with a local destination?

The source is a NAS device and the destination is a USB device which is a FAT 32 connected to the imac from which I am running retrospect - I could re format it to a MAC format. I connect to the NAS via SMB - its a synology device and formats itself as far as I am aware as a FAT 32 volume. If I manually start the backups they seem OK scheduled backups seem to fail.

What else can you tell us about this NAS device? What type of volume is it? Who makes it?

When you added the volume, I assume you typed a username/password. Do you know anything about the permissions level for that user account?

If you remove this NAS from Retrospect and add it again, do you continue to see the same problem?

Is the NAS also mounted to the desktop?

...the destination is a USB device ... connected to the imac from which I am running retrospect.

In Retrospect 8, this is not a specific enough answer.

The Retrospect console application may or may not be running on the same machine as the Retrospect backup engine. It's likely that you are running _both_ on the same iMac, but it's helpful to make that clear in your (first!) post.

What else can you tell us about this NAS device? What type of volume is it? Who makes it? - Its a synology

When you added the volume, I assume you typed a username/password. Do you know anything about the permissions level for that user account? - its a guest account

If you remove this NAS from Retrospect and add it again, do you continue to see the same problem? - I need to check

Is the NAS also mounted to the desktop? yes it is and so is the directory

Removing the NAS share and re creating it has solved the problem for now - but long term I want Retrospect to be seemless and transparent - so far I am spending too much time checking whether if it is doing what is supposed to

+ Normal backup using Larraine Backup at 4/22/2009 7:14 PM

To Media Set Media User Data...

4/22/2009 7:14:16 PM: Copying larraine

4/22/2009 7:14:35 PM: Snapshot stored, 479 KB

4/22/2009 7:14:36 PM: Comparing larraine

4/22/2009 7:14:37 PM: Execution completed successfully