Oven Temperatures Vary

OK I already said the first release needed to go back in the oven.

The second release is still not done.

Schedules. Broken.

If you defer a script, good luck getting it back.

First of all a deferred script still completely disappears from the schedule tab, making it look like its gone. - It should still be listed, just indicate that it is deferred.

Anyways, clicking the plus button sometimes makes the old schedule come back with the deferred checkbox checked.

However, unchecking the deferred box seems to not activate the schedule.

Additionally, if I have a (deferred) script set to go off at 10:00PM, and I uncheck the deferred checkbox at 6:00PM, it should run that night at 10:00PM, instead it seems to add it to the schedule for 10:00PM on the next day. Not expected behavior.

Worse, sometimes when you click the "+" button to get your deferred schedule back, two schedules appear, with one of them set to Dec 31, 1969. Obviously something is corrupting the schedules. Sometimes this can be brought back by clicking the right calendar arrow a hundred times to bring it back to 2009. There should be a button to set it to "today". (Also, this should never happen in the first place).

Yes - I constantly see (100% of the time I use the application) inconsistencies in the information communicated to the console.

Sometimes it is what activity is currently going on (none is listed, I quit the app, launch it again, and a running script is displayed—this is after waiting like five minutes for the frakin thing to update, because you never know if it is not working or is just slower than molasses in January).

Sometimes it is setting something, and later returning to the script only to find the setting didn't "stick". If I had to guess, I would say the communication to and from the engine to the console is "broked".

As to the specific issues with script schedules, I saw it repeatedly for days. After fiddling and fiddling and fiddling (basically deleting, adding, and resetting the schedules to each script numerous times) with the schedules for each script, they finally stuck. I am never going to touch them again for fear of the unknown. It royally sucked.

I have also seen a script loose its source or destination sets for no apparent reason.

Edited by Guest

The original bug report said:

f you defer a script, good luck getting it back.

First of all a deferred script still completely disappears from the schedule tab, making it look like its gone. - It should still be listed, just indicate that it is deferred.

Anyways, clicking the plus button sometimes makes the old schedule come back with the deferred checkbox checked.

However, unchecking the deferred box seems to not activate the schedule.

Please provide the exact steps you take to reproduce this behavior. What type of script, what are the sources, how is it scheduled? What type of Macintosh is the engine on? What about the console? What OS versions?

Please provide the exact steps you take to reproduce this behavior.

1. Defer schedule of all existing scripts, using the Disable all schedules box on each script's schedule tab

2. Do other things in Retrospect - If I recall, I believe what I was trying to create some Copy Media Set scripts to move data from the local drive to an external drive.

3. After step 2 fails (See post Errors that can't be tracked down), give up and try to resume normal backup schedule by:

4. Select script

5. Click on Schedule tab

6. No schedule in Schedule pane is displayed (which I think is a bug or at the very least a bad design)

7. Click the + schedule button

At this point, one of two things happens:

A) Your old schedule appears

8A. Click on old schedule

9A. Uncheck the Disable all schedules box

B) Two schedules appear, your original schedule, and a new default schedule

8B. Click on old schedule

9B. Uncheck the Disable all schedules box

10B. Delete extra schedule

Sometimes, the schedule comes back as starting in Dec 31, 1969

The only way I have been abel to recover from this is by clicking the right calendar arrow a hundred times to bring it back to 2009.

Deleting the schedule and adding a new one does not resolve the issue, because as soon as you exit the script by clicking on another script, the "corrupt" schedule form 1969 comes back.

With all of those steps above, I have repeatedly seen that when you exit the script by clicking on another script, the schedule was still deferred. It required repeating the steps above several times for each script to get the schedule to "stick".

Now that all of my schedules are working I am not touching the schedules again until another release is published. I am very fearful of clicking anything in the schedule area.

What type of script, what are the sources, how is it scheduled?

Backup scripts.

Sources are defined folders on other Mac OS X servers.

Schedule is set to start at 10:00 PM weekly Monday-Friday.

What type of Macintosh is the engine on? What OS versions?

2 GHz Xserve 8GB RAM, 4 Processors, Mac OS X Server 10.5.4

What about the console?

You're kidding right? I am running the console from the (engine) server. I have found that the responsiveness and accuracy of the console leaves quite a bit to desired, and that gets worse the further you get away from the engine. For example, running the console remotely on the LAN is worse than running directly, running the console remotely on WAN over VPN is not even tolerable. I now only run the console on the server.

I am sure it will get better over time, but right now, I certainly don't trust the software.

Edited by Guest