SCRIPTS NEED MEDIA !

I thought I would give this one more try before going back to 6.00 - did a complete install from scratch and made three perfect backups - then scheduled and manual backups says it needs media - media is perfect and available all shares in place - glad to see other users have same problem - need to fix these issue ASAP - this is very much a beta product and not fit for purpose at the moment

John

Tried that - it didn't work - I have moved the USB target device from the NAS and plugged it in a new USB on my Imac and called it a new share USB2 - I would like to remove the old media sets and create new ones on the new USB target drive - I can't delete the old media sets - I click remove and nothing happens - have your programmers never heard of the word "feedback" it is a basic element of user interface design ! :confused2:

Like all versions of Retrospect "forget" or "remove" will not "delete the old media sets" from the disk. You need to go to your hard disk and delete the backup data itself and delete the catalog file.

To remove the media set from your script, just use the delete key on your keyboard.

Tried that - it didn't work

Can you be more specific? What specific steps did you use for the catalog rebuild? Did you do a "Repair" or a "rebuild"?

Our engineers have recently fixed a bug related to doing a better job with NAS volumes and with media requests. Those changes will be in the next update.