Can't add Windows client

I have the Retrospect Single Server 20 Client version (8.0.608.1) running on a 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Mini with 2GB Ram. I updated both the engine and the controller app last week.

I have been able to add Mac clients to the Sources list just fine. But I tried to add my first Windows (XP) client and I can't seem to find it. The client was seen by 6.1.

My troubleshooting steps have included uninstalling the client, and reinstalling the 7.6.107 version. It did ask for a password, so I know that things uninstalled and reinstalled just fine.

I tried turning the client off then on again.

I have completely turned off the firewall on the client for now.

The windows client is in a different subnet than the Retrospect machine, so I to add it I am using the Add Source Directly button. I have tried both the dns name and the numerical ip address and both times I get a "No client found at this address" error.

I have run out of ideas.

I was finally able to work with the Windows machine for a while. It wasn't a Retrospect issue. The computer had other networking issues (would connect to ftp, mail, and secure websites, but nothing on port 80). I had to reinstall Windows anyway. Now things work fine.