Schedules vanishing immediately

I have no idea how to check this Robin. There is an IP address to the left (128.200. etc.) but I'm on a wireless router and this doesn't correspond to anything in particular so far as I know. In fact, clicking on it shows I'm "not connected". The main panel is connected, though.

Edited by Guest

I can add that having gone through the motions of checking the various settings of the program (preferences, connections, etc.), the schedule now SEEMS to be sticking. Whether it will hold is another matter. Let's see. At least it is not vanishing seconds after installing it. (I had a schedule set, however, two days ago, and it later vanished, so the proof will be in the pudding.) I have schedules running on my office machine (this is my home machine) and they work fine.

ONe thing: in the firewall log I am getting a lot of these:

4/15/09 12:29:34 AM Retrospect[589] connectViaQueue: exception "MacTCPconnection::Connect: connect() failed with error 60: Operation timed out" connecting to 128.200.37.33:22024

something must not be configured right in network settings? But it all works fine otherwise for me

the IP that R8 is looking for is one that I use at the office. I'm not sure where it's getting this info from, since it is not active at the moment (the IP) and I'm not there at the office. I'm on a wireless network.

Freeing up the Firewall isn't the issue; it's the particular IP that is being shown. How can I change that setting?

True. I remember now having managed to delete one of these from the office machine but no longer recall how I did so. When I installed R8 at home the other day the default installation gave me two engine installations as seen. (As did the one at the office.)

How can I delete the one with the lightning bolt? That's the one I am not using. thanks.