Hello everyone

I am trying to connect the server to one of our clients; however when I click on the login button in the dialog I see an 562 activator code error.

This machine is running 10.4.9 and I am able to connect to it through any other means. In the installation, I allowed the installer to open the appropriate ports. Is there something that I am missing?

After searching through the discussion board, I found Mayoff's post on downgrading the client. This worked for me; however, the server is asking for a password. The admin password is not working. After looking through the manual I read that I may have to reinstall the control panel. Is this true? Is the control panel the server side interface?

Server v6.1.126

Client v6.0.110

---

I attempted to port a v6.0.108 client via flash drive to the machine but it generated a "not installed by user with root privileges" error. I am logged into the machine as admin and do not know the appropriate sudo terminal commands to move/install a file from a flash drive.

Edited by Guest

• 4 months later...

HI there,

I have a problem similar to this but uninstalling and reinstalling isn't working.

I have seen this issue before and uninstalled, then reinstalled and it worked. Not this time apparently.

The problem began when I was asked to upgrade to a new client 6.2.234 a few days ago. I uninstalled the older client using the installer, then after installing the update had to provide a new password, but couldn't login from the server. I figure the client was reset. In the server I chose to forget the old client, and tried to login to the new client from the network pane of the client config settings. I got the activator code error. I uninstalled and reinstalled a few times, same error.