Retrospect Engine does not remember Activity Threads setting

olli

I have set "Activity Threads" to 4 in order to parallelize my backup activities. Everytime I restart Retrospect Engine (i.e. I reboot the machine) Retrospect Engine defaults to 1 Activity Thread.

Hi Olli,

Default Activity Threads are based on the amount of RAM in the Retrospect server, as follows:

> 4GB Max 8 Execution Units

How much RAM do you have?

Cheers,

e

I have set "Activity Threads" to 4 in order to parallelize my backup activities. Everytime I restart Retrospect Engine (i.e. I reboot the machine) Retrospect Engine defaults to 1 Activity Thread.

Hi Olli' date='

Default Activity Threads are based on the amount of RAM in the Retrospect server, as follows:

< 1GB Max 1 Execution Unit

< 2GB Max 2 Execution Units

< 4GB Max 4 Execution Units

How much RAM do you have?

Cheers,

e[/quote']

12 GB, still one thread per default...

Eric said this above:

< 1GB Max 1 Execution Unit

< 2GB Max 2 Execution Units

< 4GB Max 4 Execution Units

What if you have 4G RAM exactly (I'm assuming this is total system RAM and not "free" memory) -- you just get 4 execution units, right?

What defines an "execution unit"?

How many concurrent "activities" can run? Or only how many *backups* can run to different media sets?

Example: With 4G RAM, can I run two grooms and two backups concurrently (4 different sets), but then *not* do a restore from one of the backup-in-use sets -- as that would be 5 "activities"?

Just looking for clarification...

It is the total number of operations that will appear in the activities tab. Retrospect can not run more then 8 backup, restore, transfer, duplicate, rebuild or other operation at the same time.

Think of 6.1 running 1 execution unit only. 8.0 can have 8 times the number of operations compared to 6.1

If the Toll Plaza for the bridge has 8 lanes, only one car can pay the toll operator in each line at a time but cars can wait in each lane for the car in front to finish paying