Retrospect Crash

rapope

Hi,

I was trying to backup three local volumes on a Mac Pro (OS X 10.5.6, 11 GB RAM, both engine and application running from the local machine). I was backing up to another local SATA HDD that I use only for backups. The program apparently crashed when it was backing up my Macintosh HD volume. It hadn't proceeded to the other volumes in the source list.

While I wasn't watching the backup, I did notice that it had crashed, and no crash log was generated, nor was there any email status messages sent, although it was configured (and tested) to do so.

I found the following suspicious entries while looking at the Console application:

Mar 27 09:58:12 MacPro com.retrospect.RetroEngine[42869]: Assertion failure at "tstring.cpp-485", on threadID 0xB1899000

Mar 27 09:58:12 MacPro [0x0-0x4cf4cf].com.emc.Retrospect[42872]: DAG exception: [MacRequestor::Request: connection closed by remote endpoint]

Mar 27 09:58:12 MacPro com.apple.launchd[1] (com.retrospect.RetroEngine[42869]): Exited with exit code: 255

Mar 27 09:58:12 MacPro Retrospect[42872]: ActivitiesController::updateActivities exception: MacRequestor::Request: connection closed by remote endpoint

Mar 27 09:58:12 MacPro Retrospect[42872]: Server::updatePastActivitiesCache exception: MacRequestor::Request: connection closed by remote endpoint

Mar 27 09:58:12 MacPro [0x0-0x4cf4cf].com.emc.Retrospect[42872]: DAG exception: [MacRequestor::Request: connection closed by remote endpoint]

Mar 27 09:58:12 MacPro com.apple.launchd[361] ([0x0-0x4cf4cf].com.emc.Retrospect[42872]): Exited abnormally: Broken pipe

Mar 27 09:58:13 MacPro com.retrospect.RetroEngine[61104]: #3> DLLoadLib: no id resource in "/Library/Application Support/Retrospect/RetrospectEngine.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libretrores.dylib", skipDyloCheck 0x1

Mar 27 09:58:13 MacPro com.retrospect.RetroEngine[61104]: #2> Command line is /Library/Application Support/Retrospect/RetrospectEngine.bundle/Contents/MacOS/RetroEngine

Mar 27 09:58:16 MacPro com.retrospect.RetroEngine[61104]: #2> SMTP: opening addr XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (address intentionally obscured)

Prior to this, I was able to backup an entire volume (not the Macintosh HD volume that crashed previously), and some folders, as I was verifying if label exclusions were working (they were as I was using gray to exclude).

Is there any other place where I may find out information pertinent to this crash? Otherwise I will be waiting until the next release to resume testing.

Thanks,

Rocky