Terrible Support Web site

I don't know about other users, but the EMC support website is probably the worst I ever encountered, at least as far as Macintosh support goes. First, I attempted to request a Customer Service support and after filling out the online form, I click submit only to get "DB Error: unknown error" and nothing else. I tried Safari and Firefox, both with the same error.

Next I tried to submit a website feedback to report the error. When I select the pop-up box "Website feedback" from the support page, I get a blank screen in Safari. Nothing at all. In Firefox I get "Connection Interrupted. The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading. The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

I've tried numerous times today and conclude that it isn't my problem but theirs.

In short, there is no way so request any type of support from any part of EMC Retrospect. At best I can post it on the forum.

What a terrible website!!!!!!

Monty

I just bought the program and have 30 days. I see nothing on your link other than telling me to call, which will have to wait until tomorrow. I do not see any way to submit an online tech support request.

As far as the bugs, they pages are:

http://www.retrospect.com/supportupdates/service/feedback

Select "Website Feedback" and you get the errors for that item.

The other is:

http://www.retrospect.com/supportupdates/service/email/

You can fill it out (Safari or Firefox) and then click "Submit" to get the db error message every single time.

I am not running the beta. I am using Safari 3.2.1 (the latest non-beta release). I tried the latest version of Firefox. I tried my laptop with the same results. Perhaps it is a conflict with an Internet plug-in (Shockwave, Flash, et al) but I've got no idea where to begin to troubleshoot. All my plug-ins are standard. I've got Flash, Flip4Mac, Google Earth, iPhoto, PDF Browser, Quartz, Qucktime, and Silverlight. Same plug-ins on the laptop.

After your post, I tried my wife's iMac (Intel chip) and it doesn't work on hers either.

Ok, I will troubleshoot it some more at my end. 3 computers though seems pretty strange. The error "db error" also is not something generated by my Mac or by the ISP. However, I will contact my ISP (CenturyTel DSL) to see if they have something causing the problem. I have no trouble with any other sites (banking, brokerage, etc.).