Multiple network interfaces behavior?

If I have two network interfaces defined in the OS X Network control panel, assigned to two separate subnets, with Retrospect backing up machines on both subnets, is Retrospect smart enough to use the appropriate interface, or does it always go out over the primary one?

If it always uses the primary, what if I use two separate physical NICs? Will it then go out over the appropriate ethernet interface?

Finally, is 8's behavior on any of this different than 6.1's?

Thanks!

- John

I'm confused - do I have to use multiple hardware NICs to be able to select a host by interface? Or can I just set up multiple interfaces on the same hardware NIC, assigned to different subnets, and use your instructions to choose between them?

And, so, none of this is possible on 6.1? And, if that's the case, does 6.1 only access the default interface/NIC?

- John

By configuring Retrospect to see multiple IP addresses, you can route your client traffic to the interface you select when the client is being logged in.

If you use only a default interface, Retrospect will route traffic using whatever the Mac uses for that default.

If you want subnet broadcast features, then add subnets to Retrospect and login clients in those subnets.