recreating catalog file

dicepoint

I have tried to rebuild a catalog file but it is not recognizing any backup sets/.rdb files where the backup sets/.rdb files are located on my external HD.

I have 50 gigs worth of .rdb file on the HD but I cannot access the data.

I need some direction on how to retrieve all of this data.

Thanks,

DP

Yes, and the next window is empty when I use Retrospect to search....Retrospect, backup set A, 1-backup set A, then empty.

When I search using just the external HD to search all the files are under 1-backup A....Retrospect, backup set A, 1-backup set A, all files are present (AA000000, AA000001, ect...)

The .rdb files are not being recognized by Retrospect even if I drag and drop one onto desktop and look for it.

Thanks for the reply,

DP

I am having the same issue. I need to recreate the catalog file so on the Restore Wizard "Which Backup Set do you want to restore from" pane, I click the "Recreate..." button. I select the "File Backup Set" radio button and click OK. A dialog named "Opening a Backup Set Catalog File..." opens. The only file types that are recognized are *.rdf and *.rdc which means that list remains empty, no matter which folder is select (e.g. 1-...). All this to say, I have not found a command sequence that leads me to a place were I can "select the 1- folder and click OK"

Thanks in advance for your help.