PC was re-emaged after Backup

raruhl

I backed-up my Laptop uisng Retroespective Express HD 2.0 prior to sending it to HP for repair. For some reason, they thought re-imagimg the hard drive would repair a short. Bottom line, PC still has a short and no restore points. I thought I'd be able to restore by using the "Restoring from Other Computers" fucntionality because it was restored to a network drive and the other computer is in the selection list. But there are no restore points shown. At this point, I'd be happy if I could just restore my documents.

Please advise if there is a retrospective utility to interpret the backup into a tree so I can select files to transfer (copy), or if there is a way to find the restore point.

Thank you.

Robin,

Yes the drive is mapped to Z: I'm not sure what you mean by "Can Express HD see the disk?" If I start Express HD, select restore, then click on Restore a Backup from another computer, It sees the RAR computer on the Share.

Share Directory Tree

- Retrospective Restore Points

-- Retrospective

--- RAR

---- 1-RAR

Express HD gives me no restore point in the Select Restore Point Screen.

Thank you for your quick response.

Bob

Edited by Guest

I believe you have the wrong names for these folders. It probably says Retrospect Restore Point rather then Retrospective.

Try to delete the file that ends in .rbc. If this file is damaged then it can't see the restore points. The software should rebuild the file next time you open the user interface.

Robin,

Thanks again for your quick response unfortunately I was not able to access my share until now. I followed your intstructions, deleting the rbc file, and now, I get the following message:"Retrospect Express HD needs to perform a maintnenance operation before it can show the restore points." I click the OK button, but nothing seems to be happening.

Please advise next steps.

Thanks,

Bob