Autologin to Network Drive

bonacquist

I run Express 7.5.370 with an Iomega NAS drive. I must manually login to the drive every time I reboot. I have mapped the NAS to a local drive, which permits persistent login, but Express does not recognize mapped drives. Preferences/Security has an option Always run Retrospect as the specified user, but I can't get that to work. (Perhaps because I have a workgroup not a domain, and Log on to requires a domain?) Any ideas?

Under Configure/Preferences/Security when I enter the info for Always run Retrospect as the specified user I get the error message, The provided into is invalid. I know that the username and password are good; I'm not sure what to provide for Log on to -- I'm on a workgroup, not a domain. The help file says enter my computer name, but that doesn't work. No problems encountered when I manually run the script. As an entirely separate and trivial problem -- Retrospect reports Eastern Daylight Time, while I reside in and my system clock is set to Istanbul time (7 hours later). Thanks for your help!

Yep -- I've even tried changing my computer's name. I have the same problem with my wife's computer. I have ver 7.0 and HD as well as the installed 7.5 (never tried either with the Iomega -- used them with USB drives). Perhaps I should uninstall 7.5 and see if I have the same problem with the other versions??

The error you are getting is not a Retrospect error. The error is coming from Windows when you try to authenticate using that specific username/password combination. Windows will not accept the authentication attempt.

Try creating a new user account and password in Windows and try again.