Error 1103 write protected

pybusiness

I've been using Retrospect Express for several months. Suddenly I get this error message: "Can't save catalog file, error -1103 (write protected). I have Retrospect 7.5.370 with the 7.5.11.100 Hot Fix recently installed. Also, Windows Vista automatically updated. Please, can you help? It's driving me crazy. Note: I specify c:\My Documents as the folder for backup sets, to avoid Vista blocking the Users folder (I would get a "Catalog File is locked" message before then). Also, I deleted all sets and started over in an attempt to circumvent. Still get this error message. This is problem a Windows permissions issue, but how do I work around it?

When I hit the Update button under Help it tells me I do have the latest session. I have this Retrospect Express on 2 computers and since I updated the other one simply reports the "unexpected close possibly due to power supply" error. Should I reinstall an earlier version perhaps? Right now nothing is working. It's either the Retrospect Hotfix and Driver 7.5.11.100 update or possibly an automatic Vista security update causing the problem, both of which occurred on the same day, when it stopped working.