Devices not seen

I have a Tandberg 820 Ultrium 3 tape drive which works just fine under windows and using ntbackup. It has the firmware specified by EMC and the latest retrospect drivers. The device is simply not detected. I had considered this solution since it was more cost effective than Backup Exec. Anyone have any ideas how I can get this to work. EMC won't support me since I am running the trial software. Thanks in advance.

Windows is not reporting any storage devices to Retrospect, not even the internal hard disks or CD drives.

Have you restarted the computer?

You may want to try and update the SCSI card drivers to the latest version. Windows 2000 may be using old SCSI card drivers, and updated drivers may help locate the device.

I don't have a clue what things should look like. The SCSI controller has the latest firmware, bios, and drivers. The 820 is the only SCSI device. I am looking at Retro to replace Backup Exec since it is an older version and doesn't have the the tape drivers for the 820. The hard drives are all SATA devices. Backup Exec runs fine on this machine.

You were, of course, correct. After I uninstalled Backup Exec all the devices were visible. Now I am working through learning a totally new interface. Thank you for your help even thought this was just a trial edition. If I can get it figured out in the next few days I will start using it. Thanks again.