Retro Express HD w/Maxtor errors

nstar32v

Having issues with Retrospect Express V1.0 that came with a Maxtor OneTouch II HD. This had been running flawlessly for over 2 years. I found a few posts about issues with windows patches and IE 7 that stated the upgrade to 1.1 would fix this. After following the upgrade instructions, retrospect 1.1 would not work because it had an invalid license. Again onto the net and found a tech blurb on Seagate / maxtor’s site stating an uninstall of retrospect -> reboot -> reinstall of 1.0 -> upgrade to 1.1 would solve that problem. Did that, all was fine till the update to ver 1.1 when I started getting errors with the JIT compiler. Tried a few things after that and no success. Uninstalled Ver 1.1 and reinstalled 1.0 to get back to square 1. NOW 1.0 WILL NOT WORK! I’m getting the following errors:

Event Type: Information

Event Source: Application Popup

Event Category: None

Event ID: 26

Date: 3/6/2008

Time: 5:44:42 PM

User: N/A

Computer: JAN

Description:

Application popup: RetroExpress.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services : Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0xfcc (4044), Thread id=0xfd0 (4048).

Click OK to terminate the application.

Click CANCEL to debug the application.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I have done the dotnet fix still will not work. Anybody have any ideas?

• 5 months later...