lost restore points

trj

I am using Retrospect Express HD 1.1 - It was working. I deleted 6 restore points to clear up disk space. I followed directions and Retrospect notified me it was freeing up disk space. My restore points went from 15 to 9 - perfect. I quit Retrospect. When I went back, it said 0 Restore points. The catalog file was much smaller, but the file with the actual restore points "1-RestorePoint" was still 47 G, and it appeared nothing had been deleted. I tried a rebuild. It did rebuild the Retrospect Catalog, but when I run Express it still says 0 Restore Points - ANY ideas???

I am experiencing a similar problem as of today. You mention you noted the catalog file was smaller and that you tried a rebuild. In my version of Express HD 1.1, there is no reference in Help to the existence of a catalog nor how to rebuild it. Where did you find it and what did you do to attempt a rebuild? Thank you.

Thank you. Interestingly enough, I left the Maxtor hard drive running today with Retrospect Express 1.1 running and, over about 8 hours, it reconstructed itself point by point. I did nothing to start it which says I llikely did something wrong yesterday which the program recognized and set about to repair. I think I got lucky. Good luck with your issue.

Yesterday I posted that my retrospect healed itself by finding lost restore points. They were still there on boot up today but then I also deleted some restore points, followed directions, allowed space to be reclaimed after which no restore points are found by retrospect but all of them, including those I had deleted, remain on the hard disk, i.e., I have exactly the same problem as you are reporting. If I find anything useful, I'll post it.