Creating duplicate tape

Hello. Let me explain my situation.

I archive old job files every week onto two separate backup storagesets. The first one is called Archive DLT and the 2nd one is called Working Archive. Each storageset is essentially a copy of the other one (I do ArchiveDLT first then run the Working Archive after that). I had my 5-Working Archive tape to go bad, which means no one can retrieve anything off of this tape. Now the 5-ArchiveDLT tape is still ok and contains everything that the 5-Working Archive had. Right now, if Retrospect prompts for 5-Working Archive, then I have to make the user close down the search on the Working Archive, then do a search on Archive DLT (and I keep the ArchiveDLT tapes in another storage area and it's pain to go get them). Now my question:

Is there a way to make an exact replica of the 5-ArchiveDLT tape, rename it to 5-Working Archive, and Retrospect never know the difference? I tried the Tools, Transfer option, but it looks like it copies data from storageset to storageset, I'm wanting to make an exact copy of the data on a physical DLT tape.

I welcome any suggestions or comments. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a similar problem in. The only way I found to dublicate tapes is to duplicate the entire storage set and that requires two drives to run the transfer from tape to tape.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived