error type 2 & 3 Need Help

Graphic Design Dept in desporate need of backup!

G4 mirrored door running OS 9.2.2

using Retrospect express 5.0.238

Originaly we got a maxtor 250gb firewire one touch to back up our master files which are on a 120gb ezquest

firewire hd - Life was good -retrospect express worked great!

and then...we were down to 3gb of space left on the ezquest - solution was to transfer the info to the maxtor drive use it as the master and let the ezquest become the backup drive. All of the files transferred fine and I erased the ezquest to prep it for backup. I ran retrospect and bam it began...I can get all the way to naming the backup and error type 3 every time

Troubleshooting began (...=error type 3) reinstalled retrospect...checked for most recent drivers...hard drive compatabuility list...reformatted disk in mac ext and standard... allocated more memory (up to 120mb)...started up in minimum 9.2.2 extension...restored 9.2.2 and reinstalled retrospect...shocked p-ram...then the error changed to a type 2

all the above plus more in a 6 hr block - I am at the end of my rope...

Please help

Hi

Lower the amount of memory you allocate to Retrospect to 50 or 60 MB. Then option click on the preferences button on the special tab and turn off virtual memory.

You may also want to try a test run with a base extension set + Retrospect.

Nate