what media work?

Hi,

I have been told by Retrospect tech support to try a different brand of CD R/RW since neither Memorex or Sony media is working in my EZQuest Boa 52x24x52. Both are multispeed and can do 4x: Sony CDRW = 650mb, Memorex CDR= 700mb. He recommended "TDK, FUJI, KODAK, Maxell." I find it hard to believe that Memorex or Sony won't work. I am not seeing the drive show up as an available device and custom configuration with these two brands fail. I did see a Retrospect recognizing a disk at one point when I stopped one of my attempts to just backup anyway but it didn't backup and I haven't seen Retrospect recognize a disk or the device since then.

What do you think?

Thanks.

John L

using Retrospect Express 5.1.167. (Tried updating with the 5.1 driver update vers 4.3.103 but that didn't fix it.), OS 9.2.2. EZQuest Boa 52x24x52 (though the label says it is a 52x32x52), Firewire connection, Powerbook Firewire.

I should add. I have successfully burned many CDs with at least the Memorex CDRs. Both data and music CDs have burned and worked fine. Haven't gotten Retrospect to a) recognize my burner and B) backup. I have tried to custom configure but all attempts have failed.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Is toast installed on this machine? When you insert a blank CD the finder will give you a message about what to do with the disk. "reserve for Retrospect" should be one of those options.

Can you create a base extension set + Retrospect and see if you have better results?

Thanks

Nate