Configuration isn't ready...

I had everything backed up and working perfectly for a week, with daily backups, and now everything has gone wrong. I get error messages saying file not found, not enough memory, etc. I deleted the backup from the Maxtor and started over, rebacking up everything from my hard drive. It said the backup was successful and it shows that the Maxtor drive has two items in a folder: Total Backup and Total Backup.cat. However, when I try to quit Retrospect, it says the configuration isn't ready because it can't access volume backup copy of hard drive on Maxtor, error -120 (folder not found). I can see both folders right there. What in the heck can't it find and how can I fix this? I'm going nuts here!

• 3 weeks later...

The maxtor is formatted as HFS + right? The error 120 message may be happening becuase of something else. Try allocating 50MB of memory to Retrospect. Then hold down the option key and click on the preferences button. The hidden preferences will be displayed and you can tell Retrospect not to use virtual memory.

Nate