Repost hard drive question[[got no reply} trying again

I attempted to backup all my data from my 2 gb scsi internal drive since it was filling up to a new 18gb scsi external HD and the result with Get Info of the external drive was that it was got completly filled up and got named 1-backup Set Q with contents Retrospect Data 003, 004, 005, etc--what happened and what to do to view my internal HD contents?

owerCenterPro 210 (clone) Mac OS 8.6

Nate Thanks for your help of 1/13/2004 I am a low techie--what should I do with my filled external drive now known as 1-backup set Q.(18 Gb) formerly named FM2-- and I want to use it as a backup drive or my main working drive-- by the way it is standard not extended. --also I had backed up my HD onto 6 Syquest 230 mb apple formated cartridges--how do I install the data onto the external drive many thanks Frank

Hi

If possible I would reformat that drive HFS+. That will start you with a clean slate for your backups and duplicates. Retrospect 5.x also is optimized for HFS+.

To get the data off of your syquest carts you can either restore the data or do a backup set transfer. To do this you would need to create a "file" backup set, save it on the external drive and then run the transfer operation from the "Tools->copy" menu in Retrospect.

nate