How to interrupt and resume a backup?

Last night I started an Immediate Backup with Retrospect Express 4.3 on my iMac DV SE (Mac OS 9.2.1), using an external CD writer.

This was to be a full backup and R.E. estimated that 18 CD-Rs would be required. I got about 1/3 of the way through when I realized it was getting too late to continue. Since I have been having occasional trouble with overheating the iMac, I didn't want to leave it running all night. However, I couldn't find anything in Retrospect Help or in the Retrospect Express User's Guide about how to interrupt (and later resume) a backup. At the next request from R.E. for a new CD, I clicked on "Stop" and shut down the computer.

After further study this morning of the User's Guide, I suspect there is no way to resume this backup. If it is possible, how would I go about it?

I have been considering upgrading to Retrospect Desktop 5.1 since I now have an eMac running under Mac OS X. Does v5.1 offer the possibility of interrupting and later resuming a backup?

Hi

Retrospect does not offer this feature in any of it's versions. There are some reasons for this but lets just say it won't work.

One good way to back up partially is to use a selector or manually deselect files. I.e. the first backup you use the "applications" selector. The second backup you use the "system folder" selector. The third time you use the "all files" selector. In the end you will get a full backup of the system.

Nate