Novell Server Backup FROM Retrospect for OSX

pnord

Good Day,

Here's the Problem:

When Retrospect scans the netware volume it believes that _every_ file has changed. Whenever I backup it wants to backup the entire disk. Sometimes, durring the compare operation it discoveres that ALL of the file creation dates have changed. I get 27,000 log entries saying that there was a problem verifying the file:

File “_ZIPFILE.nlm”: different modification date/time (set: 3/14/2001 12:52:11 PM, vol: 3/14/2001 1:52:11 PM), path: “MERCURY.SYS/UCS/UCX/_ZIPFILE.nlm”.

Can I disable the file creation time check?

I'm running the latest version of Retrospect on Mac OSX 10.1.5 with all the latest updates.

I'm running a Netware 5.1 server with the latest version of the Native File Access Pack (NFAP) to allow me to mount the volumes via Appletalk IP.

Help!

Paul

hi pnord

I was beginning to think I was the only one backing up a Novell server using Retrospect from OX10.1.5, at least, that's what I'm trying to do.

I'm having a problem where I can't specify the Novell server's files to backup because of what seems like a priviliges issue. I successfully login to the Novell server via TCP/IP (via the OS) although when trying to specify the Novell Server as the volume for the backup Retrospect tells me that it cannot be accessed. I am running Retrospect 6 and Novell 6 with Native File Access (meaning I connect to the server via TCP/IP and do not use the Novell client).

Is your setup similar, and did you have any issues initiating a Novell server backup?

Any comments much appreciated.

crozynski

Yes, that's the same setup.

The problem is addressed in other forums. Search for "aqua".

Basically, since Retrospect is running as 'root' and you logged in as the "aqua user", Retrospect can't see the mounted drive. If the drive is mounted from Retrospect, you won't be able to see any files from the desktop but it will work within Retrospect.

Ever considered connecting via NFS. I've never liked the Novell mac client myself.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Archived