Remove files deleted from source

alan

I am evaluating Express on Win2k. I want to be able to duplicate a set of folders on my internal desktop HD to an external HD both as a backup and for hooking up to my laptop. I want to make an exact copy of the folders in that if any files have been deleted from the source I want them to be deleted from the destination when I next back up. I can of course do this by deleting the all destination files and then copying and pasting the folders I want but that is time consuming for 1GB of data. I want to do an incremental backup which will add new files, update modifed files and remove deleted ones which is the reason I am evaluating this package. Is this possible ?

"I want to make an exact copy of the folders in that if any files have been deleted from the source I want them to be deleted from the destination when I next back up"

Yes. You can do this. When you setup your duplicate, go to your destination. Change the destination to say "replace entire disk" instead of "replace corresponding files". That way it will go in, remove what it needs to, add what it needs to, etc until it has an exact copy.

Archived