where to find the latest updates

i was having some trouble running retrospect (client os X 10.2.6 - server 9.2.2) and was attempting to update all software. having gone to the support page on this site i found a client update to 5.0.540 (which after some more re-installing has corrected some problems. i then checked out this forum and found a link to a client update to 5.1

what gives where are all the latest updates posted?

the only trouble i have now is that when i select shutdown on my os X mac it really shuts down. does not stay on untill after the backup has been completed like the rest of the os 9.2.2 machines in the office. have i missed something here?

help on either or both would be appreciated.

thanks

Alistair

The main update page is <http://www.dantz.com/en/support/updates.dtml>. Mac client 5.1 is very recent and it is not yet there. I don't know if that is intentional (e.g. maybe it's not considered to have made its full rollout yet) or just an oversight. It can be found in a clients subdirectory of the Windows 6.5 installer (which actually is on the update page) or directly from <ftp://ftp.dantz.com/pub/cs/mac_client_5_1.sit>

As for the "wait on shutdown" feature--Unfortunately, it is gone in the OS X client. Many people have expressed a desire to have Dantz try to figure out how it can be put back, but there are many issues involved. I don't think it's on any "things to be added soon" lists. A somewhat related and I think more pressing issue is that if OS X clients are allowed to sleep they won't backup. There is nothing Dantz can do about this one until Apple fixes how sleep works. There are utilities that can be added to OS X that will wake a computer from sleep at a specified time, or in response to a network "wake up" command (for the right kinds of hardware), or shut the machine down according to a specific schedule. You may be able to work out some sort of system for your setup that would cobble together some semblance of the old OS 9 functionality, but I think most people have been forced into just leaving the machines on all of the time and setting the CPU to never sleep, which will dramatically increase power consumption. frown.gif