upgrading of version 5.0

HI Guys.

I have some questions for you.

We are using retrospect version 4 with OS 8.5. I am going to upgrade to retrospect version 5.0.

1.Is retrospect version 5.0 compatible with OS 8.5?

2.Can I upgrade version 4 to version 5 and save all configuration of old version (scripts,sets,drives,.......),

thanks.

Retrospect 5.0 does not run on 8.5. It requires OS 9 or later.

If you upgrade your operating system to 9.x, you can upgrade your Retrospect version and keep your scripts, etc, easily. After you run the installer and launch Retrospect, you'll be asked if you want to import your preferences.

Thanks IrenaS.

Actually I am not a very skilled person in mac computers, that is why I have a lot of questions,

So, I run retrospect under 8.5 OS

How can I upgrade my 8.5 os to 9x ((just run 9x os above 8.5???)(will new OS leave retrospect preference untouchable??))

or should I upgrade OS then install retrospect from scratch

We also use exabyte library:

Will retrospect detect and configure autoloader or should I make additional steps?

thanks.

If you are concerned with losing your Retrospect preferences, you can copy the Retrospect folder at System: Preferences to a disk before you upgrade. For further information on upgrading your system, you should contact Apple or call Tech Support. This forum isn't really the best place to help you with this.

Your User's Guide can help you set up your loader. If you are using Retrospect Workgroup or Server, you do not usually need to take additional steps to get set up.