Catch-22 on preview upgrade?

Finally got my 5.0 upgrade from buy.com, but it's after the preview release expired. I'm having trouble understanding how to follow the recommended instructions w/o having to totally reinvent the wheel.

I have a number of fairly complicated selectors, some subvolumes, etc. that I'd like to go in and copy or print before I do the recommended Preview uninstall, but I can't get in.

If I run the uninstall, it will delete my preferences, which is where I'm guessing the info I want is held.

If I just (over-)install the commercial software long enough to copy info down, can I still run the preview uninstaller? If not, how to I uninstall the combined preview and commercial version to get back to a clean slate?

Is it safe (and will it work) to set my computer's clock back long enough to getthe info?

Any or all help is appreciated,

Thanks,

Rick

First, make a copy of your Retro.Config (5.0) file (at /Library/Preferences/Retrospect), or drag the file to your desktop.

Try running the release installer and then replacing the prefs file. If this works, copy what you need, run the Preview uninstaller and then run the release installer.

If it won't let you launch at all (which I suspect) you will need to set the clock back on your computer.