Client Update for 5.0.205?

I posted this elsewhere yesterday, but received no replies. Perhaps this board is more appropriate!

I have updated my workgroup edition to 5.0.205, but the updater doesn't seem to install any updated clients. How do we bring our Mac (OS X and OS 9) and Windows clients up to date?

For that matter, what is the latest version of the client software for these platforms?

Thanks!

-- Jim Warthman

Irene,

Thanks for the succinct reply! I verified that my Retrospect clients are, indeed, the proper version.

However, regarding your comment:

> As part of your download, you shoud receive updates client installers.

> This is separate from the application installer.

*** Recall that this thread (and the others I posted) were specifically dealing with the 5.0.205 updater. ***

I downloaded the "Retrospect Desktop/Workgroup/Server 5.0 updater (4.1MB)" from this link:

ftp://ftp.dantz.com/pub/updates/Retrospect_50205_Update.sit

When I expanded the .sit archive I found a ReadMe file and an installer. The installer installes the application, documentation, and AppleScript utilities.

Nowhere in this download can I find client installers separate from the application installer, as your note suggests.

Further, the Read Me file seems to be silent on the issue of which client version(s) are needed to support this update of Retrospect - hence my postings on this message board to clarify the mystery!

To be clear, this update does *not* include client installers.

Best Regards,

-- Jim

You're correct. The client installers come with full upgrade downloads only; this update is really just a patch for the application. Do you have the original download that you received when you purchased your upgrade?

The 5.0.205 application can back up any computer running a 4.2 client or later. Windows clients should be at 5.6.