I’m afraid that I can’t get Retrospect 5.0205 to Work. Here’s my problem, using dantz’s 13 step installation guide as a model I get as far as step 9 without to much trouble. That’s where the ‘insert new media ‘ screen comes up. When I insert a clean CDRW I get ‘loading’ followed by ‘erasing andd erasing and erasing followed by an error message trouble in Retrospect internal consistency check failed .Assertive check @ “cor.c-6249”(in a QPS Fire drive running OS X 10.1.4 and having updated Retrospect to 5.0205)Additionally after the ‘insert new media screen but before the error message the small splash screen appears with the status bar but then it goes into an endless erase cycle. I never get to .

I wish that were all but the program seems to introduce a general instability wherein menus behave strangely, radio buttons don’t function and there are some whanky genie effects as well. Seems like maybe I bought a buggy and so far useless product. Hope that I’m making some silly Mistake??? Thanks for any help. John

QBP-2 Bridge (CDR/RW SW208B BQ01) ,Apple disk burning supported, speed 400MB/sec. Hope this is what you wanted.

When I first checked 'system profiler' no device was shown-I had to turn the QPS on and off to get it to show up. I didn't have this problem before installing Retrospect. Thanks John

s supported, and the behavior you mention about menus and genie effects isn't a known issue or one that I've seen reported elsewhere in the forum.

First check what version of Retrospect you're using. If it's not the most recent (currently 5.0.205), please update at:

http://www.dantz.com/index.php3?SCREEN=intro_mac_retrospect#update

If you received Retrospect with Symantec Systemworks, update at:

http://www.dantz.com/symantec

If you update and still see the same behavior, or if you already are at the latest version, try reinstalling Retrospect from scratch - it's possible that your installation was damaged or corrupted.

The Retrospect installer will uninstall the program as well. When it asks if you want to delete your preferences file (retro.config 5.0), say yes -- you want to start with brand new preferences.

Irena Solomon

Dantz Tech Support

Yes, I started with 5.0.205 so I'll try the uninstall/reinstall and see how it goes. It seem s that the 'genie effect' got turned on in preferences. At one point the 'immediate backup' splash screen was diving into the dock and reappearing a second later, it did this about five times-quite a sight . Anyway thanks. John

No good! I have a 10G hard drive with OS9 on a 3G partition and OSX on a 7G partition. This time I uninstalled Express and its preferences from the OSX side and then uninstalled it from the OS9 side as well(that would have been my older 4.3? Express.) Then I installed 5 from the disc and updated it to 5.0.205. This time I chose 'default' instead of 'import'. Everything went ok until I got to the insert new media' screen. First I got ' loading' and 'please wait'.Then Retrospect crashed. Hope you have some more ideas. John

It has occured to me that it might be the updater which I downloaded from Version Tracker that might be bad. I tried the llink you provided and was taken to 'oops' . I could not find the 5.0.205 update at the dantz site. Could you provide another link? Thanks, John