Scheduled Backup Switches to 'Deferred' Mode

hmullen12

Express 7.5.252; XP, Iomega external HD. When I first installed Retrospect and initiated a scheduled backup everything worked fine. However, recently my scheduled backup switches to 'deferred' when the time arrives for it to kick off. In desperation, I uninstalled / reinstalled Retrospect but that hasn't helped. The 'Enable Retrospect Launcher Service' is selected; everything looks to be in order, but it's like I have to manually kick off the backup, whereas previously that wasn't the case. Anyone have an idea as to the cause of this problem? Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Cedricc, can you provide more info? What do you mean when you say "I'm not the red cross button in the toolbar". I would guess you are a person and not a Red Cross button, so I don't really understand what you mean.

I do know that the French Retrospect Express is missing the button from the toolbar and you must delete the Retrospect preferences or upgrade to Professional to turn off defer. This is due to a product bug.

Joining this forum was worth twice the price... Seriously, I have wasted a great deal of my own time trying to figure out why all of my jobs deferred. At first, I thought it was a problem with my target, an external drive. I deleted and recreated new scripts... no joy. That one tip...CLEAR "Stop all Executions" button solved the mystery. I was not aware that button existed or what it did. My assumption was that it was to delete something. I just left it alone. I do not remember clicking it, so how it got pushed in will remain a mystery.

Everything is working now, that is good.

BTW: My backup target is a 500 Gb Iomega USB external drive. It replaced a failed Western Digital 500 Gb Ethernet NAS NetCenter. I connect the drive to an HP ML370 G5, Xeon dual core, 2+ Ghz, 2 Gig RAM, Windows 2003 Server Standard.

Retrospect Multiserver 7.5.324 with Hotfixes and driver updates 7.5.6.105

I have been happy with the software. I backup 10 servers over our Active Directory LAN. It is pretty fast and, prior to the deferments and the NetCenter failure, very reliable.