Retro Compatability

I am running a G4 450 in OS 10.1.5. Have been relying on Retrospect 5 to write to a 1G Jazz, but that has become archaic and has little future.

Just got an EZQuest Boa w/ Toast 5.1.3. Seems to work in some regards, but tried to run an incremental backup to a DVD-RW today and Retro couldn't see the blank disk.

Since the guts of the EZQuest is a Pioneer 104, and the Pioneer 103 was never rendered compatible in the DVD-RW mode, it is fair to assume that the 104 is also not compatilbe nor is it likely to be. Yes?

If so, I guess i need to abandon Retro. It seems that Toast offers an incremental backup itself which i could try. Before i make that leap, any comments/confirmations?

Thanx for trying to help. I, too, have checked that list, and it specifically states that the DVD-RW capacity of the 103 is not supported. But, the issue date on the article is not that recent and it does not address the 104 at all, to my knowledge.

What i am looking for is comfirmation that since i want to use the 4.7 G capacity of the DVD-RW function in order to run incremental backups to my system, until Dantz updates Retro to incude this function for the 103 (and by extension perhaps the 104), i must change software.

I am also looking for confirmation that Toast 5.1.3 would be a workable substitute in this "interlude". I realize that may not be a p.c. thing to ask. Sorry to all. On the other hand, this forum seems to include many an expert who must have faced the shortcomings of Dantz compatability, so....

Archived