ATTO UL3S and Leopard?

This is sort of a two-part question, and I've gotten some conflicting information about it that I'd like to resolve.

First off, we got a new tape drive about a year ago. It's a Quantum (Certance) half-height LTO-2/Ultrium 2 drive, it's not a library or autoloader, just a single tape drive. Hours of troubleshooting finally led to the discovery that Retrospect 6.1 would not work with our setup, and we'd have to downgrade to 6.0.

The computer is a G4 Xserve running Tiger, with the ATTO PCI UL3S-66 SCSI card. The problem is apparently that the WORM support added in Retrospect 6.1 causes a conflict with the UL3S card. Retrospect can see the drive just fine, but inserting any tape causes Retrospect to hang. It correctly reads "Busy" when the tape is loading, but it then stalls at "Running" before ever displaying information about the tape. We finally found the "solution" after talking with EMC support, and this problem still isn't properly documented in the knowledge base.

Anyway, I called someone at EMC on Friday to ask about Leopard compatibility, and the guy I spoke to told me that this issue had supposedly been resolved. I installed Retrospect 6.1 after updating all the drivers and software I can think of, but it still doesn't work. I actually have both versions installed, and I can easily switch between the two to see if something works or not.

So are we stuck without a path to Leopard compatibility since we can't upgrade past Retrospect 6.0, or is there in fact a fix and I'm missing some piece of the puzzle? Upgrading to the UL4S card or a new Xserve isn't a fix, by the way.

-G4 Xserve 1.33 GHZ

--2 GB RAM

--OS X Server 10.4.10

--ATTO ExpressPCI UL3S-66

---Firmware: 1.6.6f0

---Driver: 3.2.1

-Quantum/Certance Ultrium 2

--Bus: 3, Target: 6, LUN: 0

--Firmware: Unknown/no way to access or upgrade

-Retrospect 6.1.126

--Driver Update 6.1.12.101

--Driver Version 1783, Seagate Ultrium 2 DC (5.06)

-Retrospect 6.0.212

--Driver Update 6.6.101

--Driver Version 1783, Seagate Ultrium 2 DC (5.05)