Lost backup settings/scripts

wlwski

About 10 days ago it appears that all my Retrospect Express settings were suddenly lost, I didn't realize it until today when I noticed Express hadn't run and when I looked at my scripts and scheduled executions they were all gone. It's as if I had a brand new installation. All my scripts, backup schedules, history, etc are lost. Not sure why this happened; the only thing I can think of that changed was I did change my Windows XP password, but that was just 5 days ago (didn't change user name or anything else, just password).

Any idea what happened?

Any way to find the file with my backup settings and scripts in one of my backup sets?

Thanks,

Lee

• 5 months later...

Yes thank you that did resolve my problem with one extra step. Since I had in fact entered the license key again then the working and backup copies of "Config.dat" were overwritten so I then used Retrospect to search for files with "config*.dat" in the saved backup set. I took the most recent copy of that file and changed the file name to match that of the most recently created working config file, and replaced the working config file with the recovered file. All my scripts then reappeared.