lacie firewire superdrive

i have a lacie firewire superdrive (pioneer A-103) , i just scrap two dvd-rw pioneer disc tonight

and that expensive scrapping.....

retrospect express do the back-up & eject the dvd-rw but if you try to insert it back

the lacie superdrive eject-it after a few seconds & he dont appear on desktop.....

i must back-up 2.7 gb SO I AM REALY MAD....

DVD AS BACK-UP IS MANDATORY....CD IS CHEAP BUT BUT FOR ME CD = FLOPP

( no real capacity for a video workstation who need a real restore for start-up disc).

OF COURSE THIS MAC IS DUAL OS ( MAC OS 9.2.2 & MAC OS 10.1.3).

Can you clarify a bit please? The only Pioneer 103 drive that is currently qualified on the Mac is the internal drive that Apple shipped as an option for certain computers.

There is an external FireWire drive made by EZQuest Boa (EZQuest Boa DVDRW/CDRW FireWire Ext.) available on the market that uses this mechanism, but this drive is not yet qualified for use with Retrospect. If this is the drive that you are using, it will not currently support doing backups with Retrospect.

my external drive is a LACIE FIREWIRE CD-R/RW & DVD-R/RW COMBINED.

IF I PULL THE LACIE DOOR DRIVE I CAN SEE A PIONEER DRIVE WITH DVD-R/RW LOGO

& LACIE INDICATE BURN ALSO CD-R/RW.

dont get me wrong but this burner is well know & sell to mac users who

have OLD mac g4 before the superdrive came on market on the latest g4.

MY G4 IS JANUARY 2000 UPDATED TO OS 9.2.2 & OS X 10.1.3 & THIS DRIVE

IS APPLE SUPPORTED FOR DVD STUDIO PRO.....

WILL YOU WORK TO MAKE IT SUPPORTED.........

This drive is not currently supported for use with Retrospect.

Dantz goes through a rigorous qualification process with every drive we test. This means that not every drive will be qualified and we can never guarantee that a particular device will be supported. Some drives do not get qualified ever, and some take 6 months to a year to get support. We have no way of telling if this drive will be supported or not at this moment.

We add device support often though, so do check back with our Hardware Compatibility list:

http://www.dantz.com/index.php3?SCREEN=compatibility_list

Archived