My Book 500GB and Retrospect Express HD 2.0.145

chillpenguin

I installed this external hard drive and software on my wife's WinXP MCE 2005 machine with no issues.

I tried the same thing on my Vista Home Premium machine and cannot set up the software. It will install, but whenever I click on the "Setup" button in order to set up a back up preferences, nothing happens. The program sits there, doing nothing, and every once in a while I get a "do you want to register" dialog box.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I have the same problem. Purchased My Book 500GB from Best Buy with "Vista compatible" sticker.

It takes long time to finish "updating status" but then wont do anything, even when "setup" button turns green.

I purchased this expecting a "one button backup", but that doesn't seem to be what I have.

My Book has a button, and a cool blue LED capacity gauge, but it doesn't do anything.

I have the exact same problem. It CLAIMS to work with Vista. but doesn't. I've tried the 2.0.214 patch for Vista also but it doesn't install. Says, "Stuffit fails".

I bought this product for easy backups. Now it looks like its going back for a full refund if the company doesn't release an update that works and does it quickly.

To the Techs reading this: let us know if a working patch is available or at least tell us its on the way. Or customers will be lost.

Archived