Password Doesn't Work

Yesterday I purchased a 1TB WD My Book which came with Retrospect. I am running XP. The installation was flawless and both of my computers are networked and working properly.

I had to install MioNet first, then Retrospect. From within MioNet it tells me that if I am in fact running Retrospect, I'll need to use a specific login and password. The password is sixteen characters long. Well, it doesn't work. I've reentered the username and password exactly as instructed over and over again and it keeps telling me it's wrong.

Thank you in advance for any help getting up and running.

According to the MyBook Quick Install Guide, you MUST install WD Anywhere before installing Retrospect. It sets up something called MioNet which maps the new drive and allows you to access your computer from anywhere. From within the Mionet application it says:

"If you are using Retrospect Express Software, you may need to provide a username and password. Please use the following: username: MOBY\mionet-zombiebirdhouse (MOBY is the name of the new drive) password: (contains 16 alphanumeric characters.)

After setting up a backup in Retrospect I get a screen that asks me to "Enter the username and password to access the network disk". The above username and password does not work. It tells me that either the username or password is incorrect.

I contacted WD by e-mail as soon as I started having the problem yesterday but have received no reply.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem with the 500 GB WD drive. Hooked to hub. Installed Mionet first and mapped drive. Can connect to drive and computers thru Mionet. But when I start Retrospect and try to setup, I cannot get the username and/or password furnished by Mionet accepted by Retrospect. Have restarted and retried many times without success. Anyone have an idea. Thanks in advance.

Quote:

I am having the same problem with the 500 GB WD drive. Hooked to hub. Installed Mionet first and mapped drive. Can connect to drive and computers thru Mionet. But when I start Retrospect and try to setup, I cannot get the username and/or password furnished by Mionet accepted by Retrospect. Have restarted and retried many times without success. Anyone have an idea. Thanks in advance.

Never mind- after many attempts I finally noticed that I had not entered one of the numbers in the password. shocked.gif STUPID Now it is working. grin.gifgrin.gif

Archived