Help with Recycle-2nd CD

Please help!! I had this problem when I first got my CDRW, and it came with the Retrospect Express Software. As a result of not being able to figure out how to do backups properly, I stopped doing them...Lost 2 years of data. OUCH!!! Don't want this to happen again...

This is the situation.

I have scheduled a Full C-Drive Recycle backup to be automatically performed every Friday morning at 5am.

I also thought I had set the CD drawer to "never open" I have a cat, and I don't want her messing with it, or dust/cat hair getting in there, while it is exposed for 3-4 hours until I get back to my computer in the morning.

The challenge I'm having is that when I do get to my computer, the drawer is open, and asking for 2-Backup Set B. Easy enough. I then exchange the first CD with the 2nd one, and nothing happens!! I get "Please Wait" So...after waiting 20 minutes, and coming back to check, still nothing?? I noticed it seemed to default back to my CDR (1), So I reselected the SONY CDRW (2). Still nothing, then I check the log, and it looks like, at 5:15am, the Backup Set was "RESET".

So, my question is How do I do this 2 CD (maybe more in future), Recycle, Full Hard-Drive, Automated, Backup, with the CD Drawer remaining closed? Do I have to do it manually?

As you suggested, I went to Configure BU devices, Environment, and set the first CDR drive to ignore.

Your suggestion may help? We'll see when the next Automated Recycle Backup of the Full C-Drive (Backup Set B) attempts to launch? We'll see how it behaves when it needs the second disc?? I will follow up with you on this...

I'm not sure what you are confused about...??

The first drive is a CDR-Read/Play only

The second drive is a CDRW-Read/Write/ReWrite.

I do use the first drive, just not for backup purposes...

Backup set A is Incremental, documents only, done daily, only takes one disk so far.

In the Configure Preferences tab, I chose Media Handling, and checked off "Don't eject removable disks" because I don't want the CD drawer open, exposed to dust, and the cat. (Possibly for a few hours, or even a full day?)

Let me know if you require further clarification?

Archived