VST FWCRDW-V8

I am using this drive attached to a fire wire Macintosh Titanium. I am using OX 10 operating system. I did an entire harddrive back up. The software allowed me to back up the drive to 35 CDR disks. It took me about 10 hours to complete this operation. When I wnet to retrive a file off of one of the disks I burned, it rejected the disk saying it is incompatable. I don't understand, all of this work and the disks are unreadable by retrospect express? Is there a problem or am I doing somethng wrong. I follwoed all the directions. I did not pre format the disk, I let the software formatt it as directed.

Does anyone have any idea why the disks can not be read? Is it the drive, the software or the operator?

Any help or answers would be appreicated. Send answers to hrichter@aol.com

Thanks

It is rejecting the CD and saying it is in invalid media source. The drive is a Teac W28E Version 1.1a CD-RW (5.01). From all indicatiosn this drive is supported, and shows up as supported, and acts like it is burning the CD when backing up, but it is not readable after the back-up process.

• 1 month later...

AmyC states:

"The TEAC CD-W28E is not currently supported for use with the Macintosh version of Retrospect."

The current supported devices lists:

VST SmartDisk FWCDRW-V8

Manufacturer:     VST

Interface:     IEEE 1394/FireWire

Media:     CD-RW

Windows Macintosh

Supported Yes Yes

Minimum Product Express Express

Product Version 5.6 5.0

Driver Update 2.8.111 2.7.102

Advanced Driver Kit N/A N/A

Firmware Update 1.1B 1.1B

I have firmware 1.1A not 1.1B. As the original poster stated, everything works fine until you try to do a restore. When asked to put in the CD it says that it is incompatible. I am using Retrospect Express 5.0.205 with driver update 2.9.102. I know others with firmware 1.1B have this drive working. Contacting VST says that their drives are not compatible with Retrospect.

Is it possible that Dantz will have Retrospect working with firmware 1.1A or should I look for another backup solution?

Thank you for your help.

Archived