Looking for a CD recorder for use with Retrospect 6.1 on a Quad G5

Hi all

I upgraded to Retrospect 6.1 and I'm now looking for a CD recorder for my Quad G5.

I'd like to buy a fast and reliable device (price isn't an issue) but I'm having a hard time finding it in the "Device Support Database" where, despite a rather prolonged search, I only bumped into some old models (shame on me). I'm interested in both internal and external devices.

Thank you very much in advance.

Giordano

You might want to look at the release notes for the RDU updates to see the models added with each RDU update. Support for CD/DVD drives lags a bit (um, well, more than just a bit) the introduction of those drives to the market because Retrospect doesn't use the same writing method as the Finder and other programs do. This difference enables Retrospect to add to CD/DVDs after the initial burn.

But yes, you are following the right procedure by looking in the Device Support Database.

Russ

Hi Russ

Thank you very much for your reply.

Unfortunately, compatible CD recorders seem to be rather difficult to find here around.

Does anybody know whether Retrospect supports using DVD recorders with CD discs (I ask because I was told that DVD discs are not that much reliable when it comes to backups)?

Thank you in advance.

Giordano

Hi Mayoff

I found a "LACIE - 16X LIGHTSCRIBE DL d2 DVDRW USB2&FW EU+UK V2"

drive at "http://www.eprice.it/default.aspx?sku=773580".

Unfortunately the EMC version code 'SH-W162L' isn't listed in the web page.

Do you know whether the '300978EK' code found there qualifies the drive as

compatible?

Thank you very much in advance.

Giordano