Meson Queue Got Too Large!? - Script won't resume.

Hi,

On my past 2 weekly Recycle backups, the backup has failed immediately with the following message in the log:

TThread::mesonDoOne: thread "Execution thread": meson queue got too large (now 0)

It always happens soon after the script starts, and does not backup any files from any server. The script runs, but never does anything. It has to be manually stopped.

Other scheduled scripts will still run fine.

Initially I thought it may have been a problem backing up a linux server as this was the first server in the weekly backup script. I changed it during last week so that a windows server was first, but the problem remains.

During the week, the server was also rebooted so there shouldn't be a problem there.

Running Windows Server 2003 SP1, Retro Multi 7.5.324 / Driver 7.5.7.103 , Overland Autoloader with DLT8000.

Any help appreciated!!

Hi,

There are a few other threads with a similar "meson" error, however they report that the error generates an assertion failure, whereas you only see this error reported in the operations log, correct?

Here is one of the threads reporting assertions from a similar error:

http://forums.dantz.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=59062&Main=59062

The suggestion in this thread is to disable the option to "force backup of Microsoft Outlook data". Are you using this option? What is different in this script from other scripts that run without a problem?

Thanks for the info!

I have 2 scripts - Scr 1: backups up to the Overland library (this script fails), Scr 2: backups to an Ultrium 215 LTO1 (works fine).

Here are the differences in the scripts.

Script 1:

Options\Windows\Security\Backup File Security Information from Servers - ticked

Options\Windows\Security\Backup Folder Security Information from Servers - ticked

Open Files - ticked

Protect Multi Volume - UNticked (due to other errors)

Script 2:

Options\Windows\Security\Backup File Security Information from Servers - UNticked

Options\Windows\Security\Backup Folder Security Information from Servers - UNticked

Open Files - ticked

Protect Multi Volume - ticked

I have UNTICKED the Security options to see what happens over the next few days.

Backup Outlook Data is UNTICKED on both scripts frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...