Backup Server recycle backup?

Is there any way to script in a recycle backup when using Backup Server Scripts? I would like to dedicate a single weekly tape to backing up client machine documents, and would like to avoid having to manually erase the tape every few weeks. It would be preferable to script in an erase every week if possible. We're not looking for file versioning, we're looking for disaster recovery- so a week of info would be fine.

Here's our setup:

Retrospect 6.1.126 on a 2ghz X-Serve with 2 gigs of ram running 10.3.9 on a gigabit network

Backup Device/Media:

VXA-2 1U 1x10 Packetloader connected via FW800

Backup clients:

Powerbooks, all connected via ethernet, with Airport disabled via Network Location setup

Current Script:

Backup Server set to run 24hrs, Backup every day, countdown set to 0, verification turned on, client execution speed threshold set to prevent wireless backups.

As I mentioned in another post, it would be nice if the Backup Server was simply another scheduling option. I can't think of a good reason why the Backup Server has different behavior. It should simply be another way to schedule tasks, i.e. perform the task on a as needed basis.

Will Mayall