-1020 errors still unresolved, retrospect fragile redux, 6.x any better?

I'm still getting -1020 errors that when they occur make the script stop dead in it's tracks. It stops cleanly, in that it logs the execution incomplete and Retrospect is left with a status window open and the status indicator around 50% full and the program waiting for me to log on in the morning and quit the application. See the below ********for more details.

RANT....

I've used Retrospect with Mac as backup server machine for well over a decade with absolutely no problems. I wrote my scripts 10 years ago, and they've just plain worked from day one backing up both macintosh and windows clients. This past couple of years I've done nothing but struggle with version 5.6.132 on Win2000 Pro. I've reinstalled it a handful of times, deleted and rewritten my scripts but still you get these little oddities where things just don't work for no particular reason, such as the -1020 error's I'm experienceing now and another error I get from a client that is logged as "COM+ class registration database operation imcomplete" which I've just given up on.

Does anyone know if the next incarnation (6.x) of this software is usable? I'm thinking of buying another Mac to run as just a backup server but if 6.x seems to work better on Win2000 than 5.x I'd consider upgrading....

So yea, I'd say Retrospect with PC as the server is very fragile as the previous post on this topic seems to confirm. I'd also say Retrospect with Mac as the server box is rock solid and fantastic.

RANT OFF.....

Response to AmyC's reply to my original note about -1020 errors follows

"What specifically is on the screen? In other words, what is Retrospect doing when you come in? Please post the entire log entry for this event. "

Windows 2000 pro, sp3

Retrospect Backup Server Edition 5.6.132

I've got a script ( a normal script, NOT A BACKUP SERVER SCRIPT) that seems to quit as soon as it get's some errors on a client. The error I'm seeing is....

When I log in to the pc retrospect has it's progress window up with the progress indicator about 50% full and text on the progress indicator saying excution incomplete and on the source line it say's 7 of 8 clients. There is nothing special about the ABCDE client, if I move another client (12345) that should be backed up after ABCDE so that 12345 precedes ABCDE, and 12345 generates a -1020 error ( 1 or more) then retrospect stops on 12345, skipping ABCDE and anything else. All the clients are windows, mostly win2000 but I've got nt, and xp as well.

The error log follows....

5/20/2003 10:45:45 PM: Copying Drive C (C:) on ABCDE

File "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr0.dat": can't read security information, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr1.dat": can't read security information, error -1020 (sharing violation)

5/20/2003 11:03:37 PM: Execution incomplete

Completed: 9 files, 96.0 MB

Performance: 58.1 MB/minute

Duration: 00:17:52 (00:00:49 idle/loading/preparing)

5/20/2003 11:03:38 PM: Execution incomplete

Total performance: 28.8 MB/minute

Total duration: 01:03:26 (00:58:58 idle/loading/preparing)