NTUser.dat sharing violation

I have been using Ver 5.6.127 for some time on Windows 2000 Professional. Whenever I back up my boot drive, where registry files are located, I get sharing violation. Here is the message:

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Ajay\NTUSER.DAT": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Ajay\NTUSER.DAT.LOG": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Ajay\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Ajay\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

I think these are registry related files. According to the documentation, these should be backed up. What do I have to do in order to back these files.

Thanks.

Go to Configure/backupset/properties on your backupset then go to Snapshots and right click on your snapshot. Click on properties. Does it say that the snapshot contains the registry? If so.... As long as the registry is in the snapshot, you can ignore the error.

Try logging out prior to backup and see what happens.

I dont see any word containing "Registry" there. Where should it appear. There does not seem to be any space where it can be mentioned. What do I have to do in order to make sure registry is included in it.

Hmm.. I see that Registry is present in some other backup set but not this even though settings for this set are the same. I looked in MSDN. NTUser.Dat is a registry file(HKEY_CURRENT_USER subtree). Why is it giving sharing violation when I have chosen to include registry in the options.

Archived