Automated Backup fails, but Immediate works!?!

We are running Retrospect version 5.6.132 with Driver Update version 2.8.111. We have an automated backup scheduled and when it runs, we get two error messages:

MapError: unknown Windows error 2,202

TNetResouce:: Connect: UNetAddConnection2 failed, winerr 2202, error - 1001

Can't access volume My Documents on Jeanne on Frontdesk, error 1001 (unknown Windows OS error)

and

MapError: unknown Windows error 2,202

TNetResouce:: Connect: UNetAddConnection2 failed, winerr 2202, error - 1001

Can't access volume Katie on Jeanne on Programassistnt, error 1017 (insufficient permissions)

and if I go and execute the same backup as an Immediate Backup, it works with no errors!! What gives? What other info do I need to provide?

TIA!

Greg Stewart, Greg Stewart Consulting, on behalf of MN Associatinos for the Education of Young Children

Sounds like you need to edit your launcher service (which controls automated backups).

Do the following to edit the launcher service for non-default login:

Windows NT 4.0

1. Open the Services Control Panel.

2. Select Retrospect Launcher, stop the service and then click the Startup button.

3. In the "Log On As" section select This Account. LocalSystem will appear in the field to the right.

4. Change "LocalSystem" to the account you want to use and then enter your password in the two password fields. (This allows automatic backup while logged in as the specified account, or while logged out.)

5. Restart the Launcher Service.

Windows 2000/XP

1. Open the Services Control Panel under Administrative Tools.

2. Select Retrospect Launcher, stop the service and then click the Startup button.

3. In the "Log On As" section select This Account. LocalSystem will appear in the field to the right.

4. Change "LocalSystem" to the account you want to use and then enter your password in the two password fields.

5. Restart the Launcher Service.

Melissa,

Thanks for your reply. I finally got over to check out your suggestion today. The system running Retrospect is XP Pro, the other systems are a mix of XP Pro and Macs (sorry, don't know what version OS there).

We do not have any accounts setup other than LocalSystem. Again, sorry, I am not as well-versed in LAN account setup as I'd like to be. Do I need to setup accounts on each of the computers or should I be having the Retrospect Launcher log in as something like 'Administrator', which also does not seem to be setup?

TIA!

Greg Stewart

Melissa,

Thanks again for responding. I apologize, I did not see this message earlier. Your first response also prompted me in an email... I expected the system to do that automatically again and it did not. If I had seen this, I wouldn't have sent my PM to you... sorry!

I see I need to expand my knowledge around XP systems administration... I'll do that, set it up as Admin, see if that resolves the problem, and let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

Greg Stewart