cd-rw support

on the advice of david lawrence, host of online tonight and obviously paid spokesman for dantz, i purchased retrospect 5.6 express backup as a download from digital river. i was really looking forward to using using it, as it is hyped as the greatest product since sliced bread. it wasn't until i read through the user's manual that i realized support for cd-rw drives was limited. i have an acer 20x10x40 atapi cd-rw drive. it is configured as slave on the secondary ide channel. it appears that this device is not yet supported. (error 117) now what? does dantz plan to support this device in the near future? is there a workaround? i don't want to simply back up to my hard drive because i want to back up to removable media in case of hard drive failure. if this issue cannot be resolved, how do i go about getting a refund? thanks in advance for any advice.

--big jeff

David Lawrence has no financial relationships with Dantz Development in any way. He just stands behind great products!

At this time the Acer drive is not supported and we do not have an ETA at this time. Because some users do own hardware that is not supported by Retrospect, we offer a 30 day full trial to test with your configuration. This is available for download from our website.

Refunds are available for 30 days from the reseller that sold you Retrospect. If you purchased from our website, then you can call customer service at 925-253-3000

Archived