Change tape before full

My weekly backup sets consist of two 25Gig tapes (10 sets in total). Any of the dozen or so computers left on at night will be backed up, some are left on certain nights for the convenience of the user.

If a tape shows a small amount left, say 1 Gig, this won't be enough for a full backup of some computers (that aren't being incrementally backed up). Can I go ahead and change to the second tape of the set, even though the first one hasn't completed and been ejected automatically? Or must I wait for the first one to fully complete and chance missing a computer entirely because it was left on that night and hadn't completed?

Richard

Can I go ahead and change to the second tape of the set, even though the first one hasn't completed and been ejected automatically?

Sure. Go to Special/Prefrences and make sure that Under Media Handling that automatically skip to blank media is checked. Then if you put the next tape in it will skip to it and write.