Error -1103 Write Protected

I installed version 5.6 workgroup on my server. I have an internal Compaq VXA IDE tape drive. Once installed I performed an immediate back up as suggested. I included all three internal hard drives C:, D:, & F: and all went well. I even created an emergency restore CD with out any problems.

With one full back up out of the way I used the script tool to build back up sets that includes the same drive and file settings. The back up sets are labled Monday thru Friday. I set schedules to run a normal back up every week and a recycle back up every 4 weeks on Monday thru Thursday. I scheduled a new media back up for the last Friday in every month. The Retrospect launcher service and the helper service are both using the local system account to log on.

When the script runs The C: & D: drives back up just fine but when Retrospect starts copying the F: drive I get the "Can't save catalog, error -1103 (write protected)." The drive is NTFS and is not write protected.

So where have I gone wrong? There should be no difference in rights between doing a immediate or scheduled back up. I even ran the Monday back up set this morning in immediate mode and it worked fine.

Not a happy user.

Editing the Launcher Service may help in this area. Try this:

Do the following to edit the launcher service for non-default login:

Windows NT 4.0

1. Open the Services Control Panel.

2. Select Retrospect Launcher, stop the service and then click the Startup button.

3. In the "Log On As" section select This Account. LocalSystem will appear in the field to the right.

4. Change "LocalSystem" to the account you want to use and then enter your password in the two password fields. (This allows automatic backup while logged in as the specified account, or while logged out.)

5. Restart the Launcher Service.

Windows 2000/XP

1. Open the Services Control Panel under Administrative Tools.

2. Select Retrospect Launcher, stop the service and then click the Startup button.

3. In the "Log On As" section select This Account. LocalSystem will appear in the field to the right.

4. Change "LocalSystem" to the account you want to use and then enter your password in the two password fields.

5. Restart the Launcher Service.

Thanks for the response. I figured it out on the way home last night. I have the scripts set to disconnect users during back up and for some reason Active Directory was mapping the Administrator accounts My Documents folder through the Domain instead of the drive letter. Therefore, when that volume gets backed up it removed all write access to the back up catalogs. I moved the catalog directory to the Dantz directory on the system volume and all works fine.