Launcher Service Problem

I'm using Windows 2000 and Retrospect 5.15. When I shutdown Retrospect from a user account without Administrator Priviledges, I always get the error message "The Retrospect Launcher service is not running...". Yet, when I use Component Services, Retrospect Launcher is "started".

I have seen other posts about problems when using a non-Admin account and have tried them all.

I have changed the logon for the launcher service from LocalSystem to the user account. I have unchecked the option in Retrospect to "Enable Retrospect Launcher Service", shutdown and restarted Win2K, then rechecked the "Enable Retrospect Launcher Service".

In addition I have uninstalled and re-installed the program numerous times, both from an admin account and a user account.

In addition, after uninstalling Retrospect, I used Regedt32 to delete all remaining references to Retrospect.

Also, the Helper Service is not listed in Component Services

I tried an older version (5.0) with the same results.

>>When I shutdown Retrospect from a user account without Administrator Priviledges, I always get the error message "The Retrospect Launcher service is not running...". Yet, when I use Component Services, Retrospect Launcher is "started". <<<

Ahhh I re-read and got a clue.

When you shutdown Retro from a non-admin account you will see the error above. Every time you exit Retrospect it modifies the launcher service, regardless if there is or isn't any changes.

An Admin can only change a service. Since your using a non-admin account we report this error above. Now, not that this service really isn't running but a mention so that you are aware that the non-admin account didn't have rights to alter this service.