Email notification script doesn't work

I'm trying to get the e-mail notification for my customer to work - until now without success :-(

Retrospect Workgroup server is installed on an NT4 Server (SP6), the local network of my customer is connected to the internet via "AVM Ken! DSL", which serves as both router/firewall and mailserver (has a POP3-server integrated).

I've set up the "BackupEventHandler.bat" with the mailserver address (192.168.100.1), copied it to the retrospect program folder and administrated a fictitious local user (which is linked to a T-Online account) for sending the mails in Ken!.

Sending a mail with outlook from a workstation with this fictitious user works fine; but the script doesn't do anything (I've configured to send an mail on all events): there's only a short black window when starting/closing retrospect.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

JH

The email notifier script uses the batch command extension mailsndr.exe, installed in the Retrospect program folder. (make sure that is in there).

Did you move the RetroEventHandler for the email notification into the root of the Retrospect folder?

Surely, both the "mailsndr.exe" and the "retroEventHandler.bat" are in the program's folder. (C:\Programme\Retrospect - it's a german system)

Seems the "mailsndr" doesn't accept the Mail-server address (192.168.100.1) for there are remarks "Server not found" in the file "mailerr.txt".

Quit odd, because all clients work fine with "192.168.100.1" as POP3/SMTP-address.

What can I try next?

:-) JH